218: Apple Podcasts Delegated Delivery And Losing The iPod
Array ( [pairpod_guid] => Array (  => 67a095c1-4e08-4a6c-a7c0-035d669ea74a ) [pairpod_audio_url] => Array (  => https://traffic.libsyn.com/secure/thefeed/218_thefeed.mp3 ) [pairpod_artwork_url] => Array (  => https://ssl-static.libsyn.com/p/assets/2/7/e/f/27ef8145aa75d08fe55e3c100dce7605/218_thefeed.jpg ) [pairpod_duration] => Array (  => 01:06:49 ) [pairpod_subtitle] => Array (  => Big news on Libsyn, Apple and the Apple Podcasts Delegated Delivery, the Boomplay Destination, the iPod discontinued and why that's #heartbreak for podcasters, Facebook broke up with podcasting, new contest with Amazon Music to get you featured! IAB... ) [pairpod_episode] => Array (  => 218 ) [pairpod_explicit] => Array (  => false ) [pairpod_episodetype] => Array (  => full ) [libsyn_episode_id] => Array (  => ) [pairpod_url] => Array (  => https://thefeed.libsyn.com/rss ) [libsyn-post-error_post-permissions] => Array (  => true ) )
Big news on Libsyn, Apple and the Apple Podcasts Delegated Delivery, the Boomplay Destination, the iPod discontinued and why that’s #heartbreak for podcasters, Facebook broke up with podcasting, new contest with Amazon Music to get you featured! IAB podcast revenue report, what Apple Podcasts rankings are based on, insight into gender parity in your podcasts guests, liability in podcasting! And finally Stats! Median and mean numbers!
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to contact us and keep the conversation going! Email email@example.com, call 412-573-1934 or leave us a message on Speakpipe! We’d love to hear from you!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER HERE!
Quick Episode Summary
- :13 Intro
- 2:26 PROMO 1: Her Business, Her Voice, Her Conversation
- 2:57 Rob and Elsie conversation
- 3:31 We have a new destination! Boomplay!
- 5:11 The iPod is dead
- 13:41 Apple bringing Apple Podcasts Delegated Delivery to Libsyn
- 20:41 Facebook broke up with podcasting
- 26:59 Where did the ID3 tags go?
- 30:36 Amazon Music contest info!
- 36:25 The IAB podcast advertising revenue report
- 39:26 Determining why a rank in Apple Podcasts dropped
- 41:25 Why are there RSS feed errors sometimes?
- 42:41 Men and women guest ratios on podcasts
- 46:50 PROMO 2: Cracking the Code Of Spy Movies
- 47:32 Insight into video podcasts vs audio podcasts
- 50:12 Liability in podcasting and why it matters for you to learn about it
- 58:07 PROMO 3: Legends From The Pacific Episode 11
- 58:43 Stats: mean and median numbers
- Advertisecast’s latest podcast advertising rates
- 1:02:01 Where have we been?
- Where are we going?
Featured Podcast Promo + Audio
- PROMO 1: Her Business, Her Voice, Her Conversation
- PROMO 2: Cracking the Code of Spy Movies
- PROMO 3: Legends From The Pacific Episode 11
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Leave us voice feedback!
- What is Boomplay?
- Connecting your show to Boomplay on Libsyn
- Apple to discontinue the iPod after 21 years – BBC News
- Apple Podcasts Delegated Delivery
- Libsyn to Support Apple Podcasts Delegated Delivery
- Be notified about Apple Podcasts Delegated Delivery
- How to schedule a Tweet from your Libsyn Dashboard
- Prime number calculator
- U.S. Podcast Advertising Revenue Report: FY 2021 Results & 2022-2024 Growth Projections
- Erik Hoffner on Twitter: “We work to build the most interesting & diverse guest list for @mongabay’s podcasts, a metric that shows @MikeG2001 @MikeDiGirolamo & I are succeeding is the nearly even gender ratio over the last 80 shows from 2020 on w/ 54% women. Hear our results here: https://t.co/Hb46qLssK2 https://t.co/hfNzdB9agt” / Twitter
- Libsyn’s AdvertiseCast Marketplace Unveils April 2022 Podcast Advertising Rates
- Podcast Advertising Rates 2022
- Elsie workshop with BIPOC Podcast Creators: How to build a podcast promotion strategy that works
- Make Real Money Podcasting
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share The Feed with your Twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode, head over to Podchaser and kindly leave us a review and follow the show!
Follow The Feed wherever you listen to audio!
→ Follow via Apple Podcasts
→ Follow via Google Podcasts
→ Follow via Spotify
→ Here’s our RSS feed!
FEEDBACK AND PROMOTION ON THE SHOW
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.