216: Mind Your Ts and Cs
Array ( [pairpod_guid] => Array (  => d230c1cd-0b74-4dfc-8118-e4f866f456ec ) [pairpod_audio_url] => Array (  => https://traffic.libsyn.com/secure/thefeed/216_thefeed.mp3 ) [pairpod_artwork_url] => Array (  => https://ssl-static.libsyn.com/p/assets/e/7/7/0/e7700eab6d405914e5bbc093207a2619/216_thefeed.jpg ) [pairpod_duration] => Array (  => 01:21:39 ) [pairpod_subtitle] => Array (  => Covering Apple updating their Ts & Cs and what you need to know, why looking at the seven day number is better than the day one number, a new directory podcasting professionals need to know about, follow up on browser and Android voice recorders,... ) [pairpod_episode] => Array (  => 216 ) [pairpod_explicit] => Array (  => false ) [pairpod_episodetype] => Array (  => full ) [libsyn_episode_id] => Array (  => ) [pairpod_url] => Array (  => https://thefeed.libsyn.com/rss ) [libsyn-post-error_post-permissions] => Array (  => true ) )
Covering Apple updating their Ts & Cs and what you need to know, why looking at the seven day number is better than the day one number, a new directory podcasting professionals need to know about, follow up on browser and Android voice recorders, podcaster, cite your sources! Don’t steal people’s work, Audio Hijack 4 is out! Run, Bambi, Run, Podswaps, Elsie’s audio problems and of course stats, this time we have geographic and user agent!
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to contact us and keep the conversation going! Email email@example.com, call 412–573–1934 or leave us a message on Speakpipe! We’d love to hear from you!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER HERE!
Quick Episode Summary
- :13 Intro
- 4:13 PROMO 1: Shelter in Place
- 4:43 Rob and Elsie conversation
- Power outages and massive power-stations
- 8:49 Apple Podcasts updated their T’s and C’s and we have everything that you need to know!
- 17:48 Finding the best day one download numbers, and is it worth it?
- 19:42 Courtney Holt is leaving Spotify
- 20:53 PROMO 2: Just Sleep Podcast
- 21:57 How does one submit a show to Apple Podcasts for promotion?
- 24:20 Apple recommended another answer from Rob! This time about controlling a podcast that was submitted by Anchor
- 25:25 The Crackers In Soup professional podcasting directory
- 29:34 Follow up: recording on a browser and Android
- 32:59 Audio feedback: Nobilis Reed
- 38:09 When a podcaster steals from a non-fiction writer
- 42:08 Audio Hijack 4 is here and will Rob finally get it?
- 48:06 Run, Bambi, Run!
- 50:53 The coolness of Podswaps
- 54:31 Defining some Libsyn Destinations
- Elsie’s audio has been distorting for a while, and we’ve got feedback on it!
- 1:06:23 PROMO 3: I Know Dino
- 1:07:08 Audio feedback: The A&P Professor and how he uses charts!
- 1:09:59 Stats: geographic and user agents
- Advertisecast monthly podcast advertising rates
- Where have we been?
Featured Podcast Promo + Audio
- PROMO 1: Shelter in Place
- PROMO 2: Just Sleep Podcast
- PROMO 3: I Know Dino
- Nobilis from Nobilis Erotica and This Kaiju Life
- Kevin from the A&P Professor
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Leave us voice feedback!
- Anker’s biggest battery pack ever is a 43-pound power station with impressive specs
- Gilbert Gottfried’s Colossal Podcast
- How to Get Featured on Apple Podcasts
- @PodKatt’s TikTok video sharing Android recorder
- Veed.io Screenrecorder
- Are true crime podcasts blatantly stealing from non-fiction writers?
- Audio Hijack 4
- Apple releases an original – Run, Bambi, Run
- Podswaps submit your show!
- The Podswaps database
- Compressor Settings for RODECaster Pro v2.1.0
- The A&P Professor podcast database
- Libsyn’s AdvertiseCast Marketplace Unveils March 2022 Podcast Advertising Rates PDF
- Podcast Advertising Rates
- Salvis Unidos Podcast – Podcasting Mentor Elsie Escobar
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share The Feed with your Twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode, head over to Podchaser and kindly leave us a review and follow the show!
Follow The Feed wherever you listen to audio!
→ Follow via Apple Podcasts
→ Follow via Google Podcasts
→ Follow via Spotify
→ Here’s our RSS feed!
FEEDBACK AND PROMOTION ON THE SHOW
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.