204 Mary’s Happy Place, Mary’s Sad Place
Array ( [pairpod_guid] => Array (  => 12decf45-bfda-4a3b-84b9-cbf538e9cd55 ) [pairpod_audio_url] => Array (  => https://traffic.libsyn.com/secure/thefeed/204_thefeed.mp3 ) [pairpod_artwork_url] => Array (  => https://ssl-static.libsyn.com/p/assets/f/e/a/5/fea5debfc4e3af0ce5bbc093207a2619/204_thefeed.jpg ) [pairpod_duration] => Array (  => 01:08:26 ) [pairpod_subtitle] => Array (  => Covering all the new Spotify Exclusives, Libsyn 4 vs Libsyn 5, Squid Games and what it has to do with podcasting, advice on changing your show name and coming back from a long hiatus, the X-fronts are almost here! And of course stats, this time... ) [pairpod_episode] => Array (  => 204 ) [pairpod_explicit] => Array (  => clean ) [pairpod_episodetype] => Array (  => full ) [libsyn_episode_id] => Array (  => ) [pairpod_url] => Array (  => https://thefeed.libsyn.com/rss ) [libsyn-post-error_post-permissions] => Array (  => true ) )
Covering all the new Spotify Exclusives, Libsyn 4 vs Libsyn 5, Squid Games and what it has to do with podcasting, advice on changing your show name and coming back from a long hiatus, the X-fronts are almost here! And of course stats, this time covering geographic and user agents.
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to contact us and keep the conversation going! Email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 412–573–1934 or leave us a message on Speakpipe! We’d love to hear from you!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER HERE!
Quick Episode Summary
- :13 Intro
- 2:54 PROMO 1: The Language of Bromance
- 3:33 Rob and Dave conversation
- More exclusives for Spotify! Last Podcast on The Left
- Oh! Gimlet’s Heavyweight as well!
- Spotify will closed for a wellness week and what you need to know if you want your show into Spotify
- 8:11 You can use both Libsyn 4 and Libsyn 5, they are not exclusive: snippets, Canva and oh so much more
- SQUID GAMES talk and how it applies to podcasting
- The X-fronts! And Libsyn / Advertisecast are the Presenting Sponsor
- Welcome Jonathan Charak, our new CFO
- Changing your podcast name and what you should consider before you do it
- Top strategy of what to do when you come back to podcasting after a long break
- 26:18 PROMO 2: Based on a True Story
- Stats spike, what’s going on?
- Facebook Podcasts sends a bit of info into all the deets about podcasts on Facebook
- Creative ways to market your podcast at launch
- 38:09 What is the definition of success for your podcast?
- 39:43 The worst email of the week, and i’ts about monetization
- Why did they leave us?
- The latest CPM rates from Advertisecast
- 47:47 audio feedback about the Paris Podcast Conference
- How you can best represent your podcast numbers
- 53:19 PROMO 3: Making Conversations Count
- 53:56 Stats: geographic and user agent!
- Where have we been? And where are we going?
Featured Podcast Promo + Audio
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
- Leave us voice feedback!
- Spotify is closed Nov. 1–5 to give employees a “Wellness Week” and what that means for you
- “Squid Game” becomes Netflix’s biggest series launch with “111 million fans”
- The X-Fronts
- PR Announcing new Libsyn CFO Jonathan Charak
- How to Successfully Take a Break From and Come Back To Your Podcast
- Podcasts on Facebook Quick Start Guide
- Liberated Syndication Reports September Podcast Advertising Rates
- Rob Walch: Putting Podcast Into Perspective
- Spotlight: Women in Podcasting – Kathleen Russo, Elsie Escobar & Espree Devora
- Get your tickets for Podfest Origins!!!
- Podcast Movement Evolutions
- Apple Podcasts Connect with Dave Jackson
Podcast Conferences and Libsyn
→ Afros & Audio Get 20% off using coupon code AFAULIBSYN21
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
We’d love it if you could please share The Feed with your Twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode, head over to Podchaser and kindly leave us a review and follow the show!
Follow The Feed wherever you listen to audio!
→ Follow via Apple Podcasts
→ Follow via Google Podcasts
→ Follow via Spotify
→ Here’s our RSS feed!
FEEDBACK AND PROMOTION ON THE SHOW
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.